. . .
With 8 years of design experience it feels like I have already learned so much, but there is still so much more to learn. I am eager to take on new challenges and opportunities that each step of my journey as a creative leader will bring.
I enjoy challenging myself through new experiences and pushing the boundaries of what is traditional. I take inspiration from the world around me; people, cultures, and often from nature. I know that without risk there is no reward, and sometimes the things that scare us the most end up being some of our greatest achievements.
Moments in my career that make me happiest are when I am deeply focused on a design so much so that time seems nonexistent, especially designing for a greater purpose, or while being a visual storyteller through taking photos & traveling by foot or flight.
July 2019 - July 2022
Summer 2016 - Present
May 2018 - July 2019
October 2017 - May 2018
May 2017 - February 2018
August 2017 - December 2017
Summer 2016 & Summer 2017
October 2014 - May 2017
Direct Advantage Magazine
· Responsible for hiring, leading and overseeing a team of designers in the process of designing print ads, menus, mailers, while working closely with sales representatives and clients.
· Laying out magazine spreads and uploading files to the printing vendor.
· Helped expand the company’s online footprint by independently completing the construction of the company website from start to finish and collaboratively managing social media accounts.
· Collaborated with team of designers and sales representatives to discuss ways in which our departments could aid in the growth of the company.
Freelance Art Director/Designer
· Working with small businesses, nonprofits or individuals to create unique branding and marketing materials.
· Designing websites, social media content, print and digital pieces for client’s use.
Direct Advantage Magazine
· Designed print ads for copious amounts of clients.
· Worked directly with the Art Director, sales representatives, clients, and other creatives in an independent and collaborative environment to successfully create and upload monthly issues of the magazine.
Director of Communications
CCSU AIGA Student Chapter
· Student chapter board member which included duties such as creating print and digital visuals for events, email marketing, event setup, taking photos and managing social media accounts.
· Attended and helped set up events that provided networking opportunities to creative students and alumni.
· Created visuals, graphics and email campaigns to promote across print, digital, and social media platforms for nonprofit organization dedicated to pancreatic cancer research.
· Researched facts regarding pancreatic cancer to support artwork that would provide further education to donors and those affected by pancreatic cancer.
· Helped to set up charity events such as marathons and socials.
CCSU Central Design
· Director of a classroom internship; worked directly with real-world clients to create a variety of print and digital collateral, both with a team and independently.
· Mentored students, led the class in group critiques, kept track of attendance and participation.
· Final approval of art pieces before they were sent to the client and printed or published.
Graphic Design Intern
The Visual Brand
· Worked with other creatives to create branding, packaging, photography, print, and digital design components for various clients and companies.
· Attended and contributed a helping hand during product photoshoots.
· Travel to clients in different locations to have an immersive experience for our client’s brand and take any needed imagery while onsite.
Web & Graphic Designer
CCSU Student Center
· Created print and digital collateral such as posters, banners, flyers and
logos for campus events, clubs and the CCSU Student Center.
· Work directly with clients and other team members on critques and edits until finalizing piece.
· Hanging up posters around campus and encouraging others to get involved and attend campus events.